Security Officer (Part Time)
The Security Officer is responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of assets, personnel and all visitors. Part-time position, 30 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing security patrols on the floor and exterior of the Museum
- Protecting property from theft, sabotage, fire and accidents
- Investigates and writes reports (when necessary) on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations
- Provide any needed assistance to visitors and employees within the museum’s procedures
- Monitor Museum security cameras
- Check visitors in the Museum by use of metal detector and x-ray equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public
- Must be able to understand and follow standard operating procedures
- Perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Write and investigate required reports
- Make independent and good judgment decisions within museum policy and procedures
- Must have a Florida class D Security License.
- High school diploma
- Background check and drug screening required.
- Preferably military veteran or law enforcement experience.
Please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are also available at the Museum during open hours (daily 10am–4pm). Open for applications until this position has been filled.