*Most work performed at Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center (HCPAC)*
Responsible For: Technical and electric needs of events, performances, special exhibitions at ACCH and HCPAC
Salary Range: $20-$25 per hour based on experience. Part time: 15-30 hours per week.
Liaison With: ACCH staff and management, general public, artists, volunteers, children, teachers, vendors.
Reports to: Theater Director
Primary function: Oversee all technical needs of events occurring at Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center (HCPAC), ACCH special events, and ACCH education productions including: scheduling, supervising, and training of technical staff, establishing client technical needs, overseeing and managing all technical operations and coordinating event operations with Center staff where applicable.
Availability on nights and weekends required.
- Coordinate all technical requirements (lighting, sound, video, some assistance with props) for all events at Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center in collaboration with client’s designers, directors and production staff, as well as supervising all technical areas in the facility and main Center as needed.
- Serve as part of event crew primarily acting as crew chief, ensuring that safety and security protocols are followed for all HCPAC events and necessary special events at main Center.
- Continually assess and monitor events in order to revise and update all operational needs
- Operate, manage, program and maintain all aspects of professional analog theater lighting and sound equipment. (ETC and Yamaha brands)
- Maintain thorough inventory of all equipment at HCPAC and update as needed.
- Work with Theater Director to make necessary purchases or recommendations of items required to maintain a productive theater.
- Provide routine facility and equipment maintenance at both HCPAC and ACCH locations.
- Assist with maintaining marquee message and schedule changes.
- Recruit, train and supervise stage technical personnel.
- Purchase and rent materials and equipment required to serve the technical needs of events at HCPAC and ACCH special events within specified budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of technical production and staff supervision experience. Candidate should also have excellent skills in the areas of safety, carpentry, professional analog theater lighting, professional audio, and video with expansive production background and solid engineering, management and budgeting abilities. The candidate should work well as part of a team as well as be self-directed and have strong time management, communication and customer service traits. The candidate must also have excellent organizational and administrative skills as well as an ability to work with the public and maintain positive, professional manner under sometimes stressful situations. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, file sharing software, and computer operations is necessary. Must be able to pass a level 2 background check and Department of Children and Families clearance.
To Apply: Please submit resume and any supplemental materials you feel relates to the position by mail, hand delivery, or email. Reference: Technical Manager position. Position open until filled, though encouraged to apply by Friday, October 30, 2020.
Re: Technical Manager
Art and Culture Center/Hollywood
1650 Harrison Street
Hollywood, Florida 33020