Title: Theater House Manager
Location: Art and Culture Center/Hollywood, Hollywood, Florida (ACCH)
*Most work performed at Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center (HCPAC) a 500-seat theater located at 1770 Monroe Street, Hollywood, Florida 33020
Responsible For: Assists with Event Management for the Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center (HCPAC).
Salary Range: $15-18 an hour based on qualifications. Approximately 7-20 hours per week, part- time. Flexible schedule necessary, most work evenings and weekends.
Schedule: Must be available Sundays 7:30 am to 2 pm, Flexible hours based on events schedule, which will include mornings, nights and weekends.
Reports To: Theater Director and Technical Manager.
Liaison With: ACCH staff and management, clients, general public, artists, volunteers, children, teachers, vendors.
Primary Function: Assists Theater Director with supervising operational and administrative aspects of most events occurring at Hollywood Central Performing Arts Center as well as rental activity for the Center and some special events at the Art and Culture Center/Hollywood galleries.
- Acts as the lead liaison/manager for theater’s front of house with clients.
- Serve as staff representative at regular weekly events held every Sunday morning (7:30 am to 2 pm). Center representative for other rental and special events as needed.
- Campus is secure so responsibilities include unlocking gates, and doors in a timely manner to deactivate building for events.
- Assist with the implementation of facility rental contracts and required paperwork.
- Help monitor concession needs including inventory and reconciliation of money.
- Assist with the operation of sound, light, and show equipment when necessary at HCPAC and ACCH (will be trained).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in performing arts and facility management and at least 1 year of previous experience in a similar role. Excellent organizational, time management and an ability to work well with the public is essential. Candidate must have strong event experience, attention to detail as well as an ability to proactively solve problems with positive outcomes. Candidate should also possess the ability to multitask and work well with a variety of personalities while maintaining a positive attitude even in highly stressful or time sensitive situations. The candidate must work well as part of a team and also be self-directed, conscientious, punctual, dependable, and organized. Experience in technical theater a plus but not required as training will be provided.
Please submit resume and any supplemental materials you feel relates to the position by mail, hand delivery, or email. Reference: Theater House Manager position. Position open until filled, though encouraged to apply by Friday, October 30, 2020.
Re: Theater House Manager
Art and Culture Center/Hollywood
1650 Harrison Street
Hollywood, Florida 33020