We are seeking part-time Visitor Experience Associates to serve as the welcoming face of the Museum to the public, fulfilling an array of functions such as checking in visitors, crowd and queue management, membership sales, and providing visitors information on exhibitions and programming. This position reports to the Director of Visitor Experience.
The Norton Museum of Art was founded in 1941 and today houses one of the finest permanent collections in the South of over 8,000 works of art in five core collections: American, Chinese, Contemporary, European, and Photography.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Welcome museum visitors and direct them to exhibition spaces, public programs, or to ongoing tours, with an engaging, approachable demeanor.
- Answering general questions regarding museum programs or collections, enforcing museum visitor policies.
- Collect attendance information for general admissions, group tours and public programs, and assist with museum data management efforts.
- Promote Museum membership benefits and opportunities and handling associated admission and membership sales.
- Assist with managing the Museum’s parking lot, which ranges from collecting parking lot fee, to assisting visitor check in, and providing direction to incoming visitors.
- Available for at least twenty-two (22) hours per week including availability for Friday evening and weekend hours.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills including strong verbal communication skills.
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Altru (museum admissions) software experience preferred, but training will be provided.
- Experience working in a retail environment or managing guests is a plus.
- Education: High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Physical Requirements: The person in this position must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, potentially outdoors. Able to lift boxes of up to twenty (20) pounds.
- During the Covid19 pandemic, associates are required to follow all Norton Museum of Art protocols including the wearing of face masks, daily temperature screening and weekly COVID-19 testing.
For immediate consideration, please send an email with your resume, references, and cover letter to: HR@norton.org.
The Norton Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates a diverse team of talented and dedicated staff, docents, and volunteers.