VIZCAYA VISITOR SERVICES MANAGER
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Miami, Florida, seeks to fill the Visitor Services Manager position. Vizcaya is a National Historic Landmark that is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. In conjunction with the estate’s approaching Centennial, efforts are underway to transform visitor experience through expansion into the historic Vizcaya Village and to enhance the institution’s role as a vital community asset.
The Visitor Services Manager position requires a resourceful and experienced customer service professional who can provide a welcoming environment and excellent experience for all of Vizcaya’s visitors from arrival to departure. This position resides within the Learning Division of the museum.
The Visitor Services Manager fulfills the following:
- Oversees Ticket Booth and future welcome center operations, supervising Visitor Services Associates and Vizcaya’s point of sale system.
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, discipline and promotion of subordinates; prepares staff’s work schedule; authorizes leave and overtime; conducts front line staff meetings; evaluates employee performance; ensures staff are properly trained and attired.
- Develops employee morale by empowering front line staff, while maintaining a visible leadership presence.
- Responds immediately to visitor complaints and concerns.
- Assists and fills in at the Ticket Booth as needed.
- Manages collection and processing of daily receipts, daily accounting, posting and reconciliation in compliance with Vizcaya’s established financial policies and procedures.
- Serves as Vizcaya’s liaison with the provider of the museum’s point of sale system; analyzes, identifies and monitors sales trends; creates reports from point of sale software.
- Manages inventory of admission tickets, audio tour equipment, operational supplies and wayfinding signage.
- Co-chairs the Visitor Services Task Force and advises other staff on operational issues and opportunities to improve visitor experience and amenities, including planned restoration of the Vizcaya Village.
- Anticipates visitor needs and resources, provides direction and support for visitor services programs and policies, and ensures high levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Develops recommendations for increasing sales and participation in membership and other programs.
- Outdoor, evening, weekend and holiday work required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Hospitality, Management, Marketing or related field. A minimum of two years of experience in customer service/visitor services preferably in museums, attractions, or tourism guest relations environments is required. Experience in cash handling and management and working with complex ticketing systems is highly desired.
Preferences: Fluency in both English and Spanish; experience in developing and delivering customer service training programs and working with volunteers; knowledge of membership programs; and conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills.
Salary Range: $56,135.44 – $89,896.04
How to Apply: Visit http://www.miamidade.gov/humanresources/jobs.asp and apply for Job Opening #45179 no later than July 1, 2017.
Hiring decisions are contingent upon the results of a physical examination, including alcohol/drug screening and background check. Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/D/Veterans Preference.
For more information about Vizcaya: www.vizcaya.org