The Flagler Museum opened to the public in 1960. The Museum is housed within Whitehall, Henry Flagler’s Gilded Age estate built in 1902 in Palm Beach, Florida. Located on beautiful Lake Worth (Intracoastal Waterway), the Museum is designated a National Historic Landmark and accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The Flagler Museum serves visitors from all over the world and offers an active schedule of programs and exhibitions. www.FlaglerMuseum.us.
The Flagler Museum is seeking a Visitor Services Manager. This full-time, hourly, non-exempt position is responsible for the maintenance of a successful visitor services program that prioritizes the visitor experience. The Visitor Services Manager is responsible for managing the Group Tour Coordinator, Visitor Services Floor Staff, and the volunteer Docent team, interpretive materials and equipment, and providing exceptional customer service.
• Manage and train Visitor Services Floor Staff to prioritize the Visitor Experience
• Manage and train volunteer Docent team to serve as interpreters for general admission tours and special programs and assignments
• Manage the Group Tour Coordinator who is responsible for maintaining ticket sales software and equipment, overseeing the processing of transactions
• Participate in evening and weekend events and programs as needed
• Be well-informed about current and upcoming exhibitions, programs, and events in order to discuss with current and future visitors
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum of three years of experience in a museum or cultural arts environment
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Experience working with ticketing software
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships among teammates as well as externally with visitors and community partners
• Must demonstrate genuine kindness, patience, and a love of people
• Strong project management skills are essential with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a timely fashion
• Candidate must demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze problems as well as devise solutions using creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness
• Must be able to work efficiently with crucial accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness and interest/experience in serving as the Museum’s Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator
• This position requires evening and weekend work as necessary for events and programs
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Member and Visitor Services Director, Flagler Museum, PO Box 969, Palm Beach, FL 33480 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Flagler Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum is a smoke-free environment and drug-free workplace. Background checks are conducted as a condition of employment.