The Consultant will be responsible for creating a Visual and Performing Arts Education & Community Engagement strategic plan, timeline and implementation plan, for a 3,000 square foot facility, currently under construction, with potential for expansion. Implementation of some elements of the plan will be part of the scope of work. The plan will align with the mission and priorities of the Warehouse Arts District Association’s (WADA) and local community needs/interests.
This is a community initiative for WADA located on the ArtsXchange Campus in midtown St. Petersburg, FL www.warehouseartsdistrictstpete.org
WADA looks to the selected consultant to recommend a time-line with a completion date. Milestones should be established with the goal of starting classes in Summer of 2021.
Proposed Scope of Work:
The plan will be implemented by future arts & education staff members led by a Director of Education at WADA’s new arts education center, and should include the following components:
Create an Arts Education & Community Engagement Strategy & Timeline:
- Provide guidance in determining programming goals aligned with WADA’s mission/priorities and local community needs/interests.
- Research and analyze offerings and data of similar programs locally, regionally and nationally.
- Develop a strategic plan with action items and timeline for implementation.
- Establish a timeline for implementation for approved programming goals to include short-long term goals.
- Draft a role description for a newly created position: Director of Arts Education, including key process documents and templates to set the person up for success. Including, but not limited to:
- Best practices for working with teaching artists
- Curriculum goals
- Benchmarks & key deadlines
- Enrollment & Communication Process Steps
- Program evaluation
- Lead and conduct search for the Director of Arts Education working with WADA Executive Director and Board Members.
- Lead the training and transition for the Director of Arts Education.
Build Community Partnerships/Relationships:
- Identify key community leaders/members/organizations to be shared with the future Director of Arts Education.
- Evaluate and assess potential community partners and the integration of existing arts education programs in the local area.
- Identify a community advisory group to include role descriptions and responsibilities to be implemented by the Director of Education.
- Work with WADA Board of Directors as needed.
Develop Curriculum & Teaching Resources:
- Identify key audiences to include but not limited to the needs of our direct local midtown area (research based).
- Determine educational goals aligned with National Education Association guidelines, Florida State Standards, Pinellas County School administrator needs, and requirements of WADA’s grant partners.
- Craft a trajectory of research-based educational programs to meet curriculum goals as outlined, and the needs of diverse learners.
- Create teaching artist training modules connected to curriculum and inclusive of Cultural Competence and EDIA (equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility) best practices in the classroom.
- Create basic teaching artist job descriptions.
- Develop and establish a Course evaluation process.
Map Financial Structure for Arts Education & Community Engagement Programs:
- Draft a fee structure for classes in alignment with community needs and WADA financial resources.
- Create a budget template and model for program expenses and income.
- Create a budget template and model for annual budgeting
Collaborate on Marketing/Communications
- Provide “brand filter” or branding recommendations on tone, imagery, key copy, and effective communication tools for Arts Education & Community Engagement programs based on mission, sales goals, and demographics.
- Work with Marketing Chair to establish an appropriate marketing and communications strategy and language to promote program classes
- Ensure Diversity, Equity and Inclusion elements are included.
- Recommend strategies for maintaining and practicing cultural competence and EDIA in Community Engagement & Education.
The above scope of work is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of scope of work. WADA values the diverse thoughts and approaches of responses in establishing the final scope. Once the consultant has been chosen a final scope of work will be establish with budget and milestones for final approval.
- Required Master’s degree (Doctorate preferred) in education, arts management or related fields.
Critical Knowledge & Experience
- Proven results in a consulting capacity in program planning and arts management.
- 5+ years of program planning and arts management experience.
- History of working directly with youth (preferably in a teaching capacity).
- Experience in program development and leading teams in children, teens, adult education, Including summer/after school camps and veteran’s programs.
- Ability to pivot and problem solve within given criteria.
- Understanding of nonprofit culture, strengths and challenges in large, diverse communities.
- Demonstrate culturally proficient leadership through work with individuals, groups and programs.
- Proven track record in successful needs assessment
- Ability to analyze statistical data for trends and standard performance in various programs and to develop strategies for improvement and growth
- Strong research, assessment, and content analysis skills
- Competencies in project management and use of project management tools
- Strong budgeting and financial analysis background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google, and other standard software and technologies
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Qualifications:
Demonstrated understanding of and responsiveness to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds which characterize a community in a manner specific to the position.
The Arts Education & Community Engagement Consultant reports to the Executive Director and should be able to work remotely as well as at WADA campus on 22nd St South St Petersburg, FL. Currently, this position is remote due to COVID-19 safety measures.
Please provide the following as part of your proposal:
- Statement on why you are suited for the project.
- 2-3 case studies
- 3-4 references
- Fee Structure
Please provide all materials to Renee Dabbs at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 12, 2021. Work will commence once final consultant has been established. Project start date targeted for first week of April 2021.