PART TIME (approximately 14 hours a week) – Thursdays, Fridays, and some weekend hours
The Volunteer Coordinator & Visitor Services Administrator is responsible for the overall management and operation of the Gallery, scheduling of regular and group tours, and the scheduling of docents and gallery attendants. He/she may fill in for docents and gallery reception volunteers when needed. He/she may also assist the Curator with providing tours for school groups and accessibility groups as needed.
The Volunteer Coordinator & Visitor Services Administrator handles all recruiting, interviewing, and orientation training for all volunteers. He/she is responsible for training docent volunteers on current tour techniques, the history of the museum, and Polasek’s life story and work, as well as providing information on special exhibits at the museum.
He/she manages the scheduling of volunteers for various responsibilities within the Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens, including special events. He/she maintains accurate records of Community Service volunteer hours and submits weekly reports to appropriate agencies.
The Volunteer Coordinator & Visitor Services Administrator manages all gift shop and gallery sales. He/she is responsible for maintaining inventory of gift shop items, re-ordering materials, and developing new merchandise to increase profitability of the gift shop.
- Opens & Closes Square Register
- Coordinates all volunteers
- Keeps informed of professional methods and literature regarding volunteer management.
- Gives direction to volunteer staff regarding regular volunteer activities as well as special projects.
- Works with curator to assure best possible training for Docents.
- Aids in the scheduling of educational use of Museum exhibitions, collections, and facilities.
- Provides appropriate clerical support and assistance with volunteer recruitment.
- Maintains proper inventory storage and controls.
- Hires, trains, and schedules paid and volunteer staff.
- Responsible for proper safeguarding of daily receipts and strictly accounts for funds.
- Undertakes overall management of the Museum Shop and museum sales, and develops operational policies and procedures related to sales transactions, accounts, customer service and other related areas.
- Serves as a member of the museum newsletter editorial team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Drive
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Willingness and flexibility to adjust hours to accommodate needs of the job
- Previous Museum and/or Volunteer Management Experience
- Experience with PastPerfect – Training will be provided
- POS System Square – Training will be provided
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org