Nominations are now being accepted for the Annual Museum Service Awards Program sponsored by the Florida Association of Museums. The purpose of the FAM Awards Program is to recognize outstanding contributions to the museum profession in the State of Florida. Categories include:
- Outstanding New Professional
- Museum Excellence
- Philanthropist Award
- Outstanding Volunteer
- Outstanding Public Official
- Exceptional Leadership Award
- Outstanding Trustee
Museum Service Awards may be given to museum staff, volunteers, or trustees, as well as to individuals outside the museum profession who make significant contributions to the advancement of Florida’s museums, either locally or statewide.
- ONLY one award will be given per category.
- Not all categories will necessarily be awarded.
- Nominations must be submitted by current Individual or Institutional members of FAM through the online form ONLY.
- Nominations must be received by the FAM office no later than July 27, 2018. Nominations arriving thereafter will not be considered. Incomplete applications or applications submitted not using the online form will not be considered.
Each nomination must be submitted electronically via the FAM Awards Nomination Form-2018.
You will need the following information to complete the form:
- Contact Information:
Nominee Museum/Organization Name
Museum of Submittee
Address of Submittee
- Award Category Selection
- Paragraph (500 words or less) describing why this instituion/person is deserving of a 20187 Award.
- Note: Wording must be included in the online form - NOT in a separate attached document.
- Three to five digital photos of the person or project/exhibit (300 dpi resolution JPG)
- No more than two other forms of documentation. Any other materials sent with a nomination will not be reviewed.
CLICK HERE for complete information.
DEADLINE July 27th.
- Annual Conference
- Peer Coaching Program
- Mentorship Program
- Florida Connecting to Collections Program
- Professional Resources