Educated Elected Officials/Putting your Policy Together/Training and Practical Applications
For museums: Things Great and Small: Collections Management Policies by John E. Simmons. American Association of Museums, 2006.
For libraries and archives: Library Collection Development Policies: Academic, Public, and Special Libraries by Frank W. Hoffman and Richard J. Wood. The Scarecrow Press, Inc., 2005.
Due: August 4, 2017
For museums: John E. Simmons, Things Great and Small, 1-14, 159-162
For libraries and archives: Frank W. Hoffman and Richard J. Wood, Library Collection Development Policies, 2005, pages 1-3
*Digital copies of the readings will be available on the FAM Online Platform.
Mid-Module Potential Webinar
*Mid-Module Potential Webinars: Sustainability or Code of Ethics
Educating Elected Officials
- American Alliance of Museums, Advocacy Resources http://aam-us.org/advocacy/resources
- American Association of State and Local History, Advocacy http://about.aaslh.org/advocacy/
- American Library Association, Advocacy, Legislation, and Issues http://www.ala.org/advocacy/home
- Florida Association of Museums, Advocacy http://www.flamuseums.org/advocacy/
- Florida Library Association, Advocacy http://www.flalib.org/advocacy.php
Putting your Policy Together / Training and Practical Applications
- American Alliance of Museums, Developming a Collection Management Policy http://www.aam-us.org/docs/default-source/continuum/developing-a-cmp-final.pdf?sfvrsn=4
- American Association of State and Local History, Sample Collections Management Policies http://resource.aaslh.org/view/sample-collections-management-policy/
- Wisconsin Association of Public Librarians, Creating a Collection Development Policy for Local Historical Records in Public Libraries https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/pdfs/la/LIB-WHRAB-Records-Policy-Libraries-WAPL.pdf
- Society of American Archivists, Standards and Best Practices Museum Archives Section https://www2.archivists.org/groups/museum-archives-section/standards-best-practices-resource-guide