For two decades, the Florida Association of Museums has been dedicated to improving the museums in our State. We are building upon that tradition with our new FAM Foundation Peer Coaching Program, a free consultancy program for Florida museums. The program is funded by the National Endowment for the Arts’ Challenge America grant and the Division of Cultural Affairs, Department of State.
Every day the FAM staff receive requests for assistance from new members, volunteers trying to form a museum, and staff who are facing a challenge they are not quite prepared to handle alone. To provide ongoing support for requests such as these, our new Peer Coaching Program facilitates access to the expertise in the Florida museum community.
How Does the Peer Coaching Program Work?
- Organizations desiring a Peer Coach will complete an application and send it to FAM.
- FAM will match the applicant with a Peer Coach.
- FAM will reimburse the Coach’s travel expenses and pay the Coach an honorarium.
- Awards are made on a first come - first served basis only so long as funds are available
If You Wish to Participate in the Peer Coaching Program:
- Your institution must be Florida museum, organized as a 501(c)(3) institution (This requirement may be waived for groups which are considering forming a museum.)
- Your museum must have a current FAM membership to receive assistance from the Peer Coaching Program. If you are not a member and wish to participate in the program, please contact the FAM office for information on membership.
- Review topics available for Peer Coaching (see application) to see if one matches your needs. If your need does not appear on this list, contact the FAM office and discuss your need with FAM executive director, Malinda Horton.
- Complete the application form.
Mail, fax, or email the completed form to the FAM office.