Salary Dependent on Experience and Includes Full Benefits Package
Position Reports To: Director of Advancement
Position Description: Advancement Associate
The Advancement Associate is the welcoming face of the Foundation greeting and assisting the Foundation’s benefactors (members, contributors, and board members) and also the public; fulfilling an array of functions such as answering questions, membership sales, recording reservations to Foundation programs and events, and providing information on exhibitions and programming. This position provides membership and development support as needed to assist with furthering the Foundation’s impact and fundraising goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer general questions regarding the Foundation, programming, events and membership by phone, in-person interactions, online inquires and email correspondence.
- Promote membership benefits and opportunities to engage with the Foundation.
- Assist with mailings for membership solicitations, development, capital campaigns and special projects.
- Assist with obtaining vendor quotes and information for Foundation programs and events.
- Assist in confirming and finalizing program and vendor details as needed.
- Assist in identifying new prospects for the Foundation.
- Manage member and non-member registration for all programming and events with the support of the Director of Advancement.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 1 to 3 years’ experience in membership and administrative support
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and written skills; ability to effectively use technology in support of these skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings, and occasional weekends as needed in accordance with the nature of programming and special events.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with organization and accuracy.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people in a courteous, tactful, diplomatic and responsible manner, either in person, on the telephone or in correspondence including email.
- A collaborative, team-oriented attitude.
- Aptitude to jump in wherever necessary to complete a task or project.
- Ability to lift boxes of up to twenty (20) pounds.
- Experience working with databases a plus; Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Applicants should submit electronically a letter of interest, three professional references, and supporting documents addressing the qualifications and responsibilities specified to Lauren Clyman, Director of Advancement at email@example.com. Please indicate “Advancement Associate Recruitment” in the email-subject line. Please submit all applications by close of business on June 30, 2021.
Offered by Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach, 311 Peruvian Avenue, Palm Beach, Florida 33480