Department: Guest Experience
Reports To: Director of Guest Experience
Must be available to work 9am-7pm. Must be available on weekends and holidays.
SUMMARY: The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science is seeking a full-time Assistant Manager of Guest Experience. The Assistant Manager must embrace and model outstanding customer service, run efficient business operations and develop high employee morale for the Guest Experience team members. This position assists with the daily operations of the museum, supporting the Guest Experience team to ensure consistent high standards of customer service, and performs essential duties to support the team. Serves as a role model to the front-line staff, leading by example, coaching and motivating a team of 45+ employees each day in a 365-day operation. Responsible for scheduling floor coverage, the Assistant Manager will provide consistent staff support working within budgetary guidelines. Oversees Guest Experience ambassadors and volunteers. Communicates effectively with other Guest Experience Managers, Membership, Retail, Food Service, Security and Facilities personnel to provide consistent coverage and smooth operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create weekly Guest Experience Team schedules including special event staffing. Must ensure schedules are done is a timely manner, are accurate and meet the staffing requirements for daily attendance
- Assists in managing staff and floor operations, ensuring guest satisfaction, flow, and safety
- Responds and resolves all guest issues immediately using best judgment
- Proactively and quickly adjusts staffing levels when necessary
- Advises Guest Experience Managers on logistical and operational issues
- Effectively works along with all Frost Science departments to ensure smooth operations and resolve issues related to day-to-day operations
- Assists with enforcing company safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree (A.A.) or 2-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: 2-5 years in a high-volume, guest-focused environment
- Experience managing a large team (45+)
- Experience with complex ticketing system (Tessitura preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to handle confidential and financial information
- Willingness to adhere to professional Frost Science standards and practices
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service, whether in person or by other communication methods
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Knowledge of When to Work, Tessitura and Paylocity a plus
- Mature, professional appearance
- Clear, concise, business-like communications skills with staff and the public are essential
- Calm and collected demeanor, willingness to support the team at every level
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a guest focus and commitment to excellence
- Must be willing to uphold service standards and administer corrective action when necessary
- Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills required
- Oversee and assist with floor operations as needed or in the Managers absence
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as scheduled
- Excellence in English language (oral and written) required; preference for bilingual Spanish
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work time will be split between working in an open office setting and on the floor. Exposure to outdoor activities is often requested.
Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
- Credit check
Apply NOW! - https://www.frostscience.org/careers/