Associate Curator of Education
Job no: 493326
Work type: Staff (Full-Time)
Location: Orlando, FL, Winter Park, FL
Categories: Rollins Museum of Art
Division: Academic Affairs
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 13th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
Our Service Excellence Philosophy:
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- 25 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 11 Days - Paid Holidays
- 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Free Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- Free Full Tuition for Employees in our Hamilton Holt and Crummer MBA Programs
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- Free E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
- Plus More!
Rollins offers a competitive salary.
The Associate Curator of Education is responsible for carrying out the museum’s teaching mission through planning, creating content for and coordinating the implementation of educational programming for the museum, targeting equally the two principal constituencies of the museum: Rollins College (students, faculty and staff) and the Winter Park and larger Orlando community of all ages (from K-12 students to life-long learners).
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Liaison to Rollins faculty and students; responsible for curriculum alignment and outreach to the faculty for engagement with the museum, scheduling class visits and on-site teaching with the collection (RMA and Alfond Inn).
- Oversee museum docent program, including seasonal recruiting, training, content editing, and mentoring.
- Work with curator to plan and implement speakers' series and other educational programming; gives lectures and gallery tours in the museum and virtually.
- Oversee and work collaboratively with the K12 Interpretive Fellow to plan and implement ongoing K12 scholastic and family programming at the museum and virtually.
- Oversee community outreach opportunities in alignment with RMA’s institutional mission.
- Participate in identifying grant opportunities; write and manage grants for the department.
- Act as an active member of the curatorial team; collaborates with the curator in organizing exhibitions with specific academic components, updating existing curriculum and creating new content and interpretive materials for temporary exhibitions and new acquisitions.
- Oversee the development of the RMA Student Council and the annual education fellows.
- Minimum required, M.A. in Museum Education or M.A. in Art History plus 4 years teaching experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of directly relevant experience in an art museum.
- Broad knowledge of education theory and gallery teaching methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of art history and the ability to interpret a collection for a general audience of all ages.
- Knowledge of program evaluation and data collection best practices.
- Broad knowledge of current trends in DEAI programming.
- Systematic and strategic planning skills, to lend cohesion across departmental initiatives.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written; familiarity and ease with public speaking as well as teaching.
- Ability to translate complex content into teaching moments, and to inspire and engage an audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to be part of a team as well as work independently, take initiatives and follow through.
- Experience teaching college students.
- Experience working in a college campus museum.
- Campus-based position, working in an office environment.
- Work requires visual strain and use of computer.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
1. Cover Letter
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
About the Rollins Museum of Art:
The Rollins Museum of Art is a teaching museum that stimulates transformative encounters with works of art while integrating art learning into daily life for campus and community.
The Rollins Museum of Art is a premier teaching and destination museum vital to the cultural fabric of our campus and community, its diverse and growing collection experienced as intimate, innovative, and inspirational.
About Rollins College:
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Service Months: 12
Advertised: 03 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3122265