Job Title: Deputy Director
JOB ID #: 50145
Learn more and apply on or before 11/18/2021 at: https://bit.ly/DepDir
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
The Deputy Director is responsible for the oversight of Accounting & Budgeting, Administrative Services, Events & Rentals, Information Technology, Physical Plant, Safety & Security and Visitor/Retail Services.
- Ensures the integration of quality, services and efficiency of the day to day operations at the Ringling Museum of Art within Accounting & Budgeting, Administrative Services, Events & Rentals, Information Technology, Physical Plant, Safety & Security and Visitor/Retail Services. Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination within these departments and management. Supervises the above listed department managers to include hiring, work assignments, training, salary adjustments, discipline, termination, and performance evaluations. Maintains effective communication and working relationships with university central offices.
- Responsible for reviewing and providing guidance in budgeting process. Recommends financial and budgeting strategies to the Executive Director. Reviews and assists in prioritizing funding and grant proposals, changes in ticket prices, rental changes, membership, fee structure, etc.
- Provides leadership and direction for the Ringling Physical Plant with regard to the effective management and operation of the Facilities Operations and Maintenance Department including oversight and coordination of master site planning and capital projects with FSU facilities. Provides leadership and oversight for Emergency Response Management and Disaster Planning of the Ringling campus; serving as a member of the Emergency Response Team and communicating with FSU leadership. Provides oversight of CFPA lease and tenants.
- Directs strategic planning efforts for all service areas to further the mission and vision of the University and the Museum. Assumes responsibility for the planning, development, and implementation of policies and procedures for all service areas.
- Establishes and maintains effective business relations with the community at large. Networks with officials and VIPs in support of the Museum's public relations efforts. Serves as a member of the Ringling Foundation staff. Oversees Ringling staff liaison to The Ringling Board of Directors for finance, audit, and facilities standing committees.
- Direct oversight for Ringling accounting and financial areas including institutional analysis and financial reporting, risk management, contract administration, and grants administration. Serves as the Unit Privacy Coordinator to ensure the museum's Information Management Program meets university policy objectives.
- At the discretion of the Executive Director, assumes responsibility for all museum operations in the absence of the Executive Director.
Please note, this position reports to FSU’s Assistant Vice President - Administrative Services and the Executive Director of The Ringling.
- Master's degree and five years’ experience related to administrative services or a Bachelor's degree and seven years of related experience.
- Two years of experience must be in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of fiscal control systems.
- Knowledge of the concept, principles and practices of management.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of project planning, development, and evaluation and ability to apply them.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ability to apply the principles and practices of strategic planning, development, and evaluation.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing teams and diverse operations.
- Record of museum or non-profit management experience.
- Demonstrated success in working with a culturally diverse community.
- Experience in non-profit and/or governmental accounting.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Financial Edge.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated starting salary is $125,000, commensurate with education and experience.
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs. Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
Typical working hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM with a one hour meal period. Please note that evenings, weekends, special events, or holidays may be required based on the needs of The Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu (search under keyword “Ringling”).
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.