The Development Associate (professional) assists the Development department with the implementation of all fundraising campaigns including all special events, annual fund, acquisition mailings, membership recruitment, grant writing, and retention and customer service. This position reports to the Administrator.
Examples of RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist with annual gala and work with the gala committees.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual fund solicitations per year.
- Coordinate the preparation of direct mail solicitations.
- Research and maintain potential funding prospects and pursue leads.
- Develop a fundraising plan for implementation and tracking measurement of progress, and then follow that plan.
- Works closely with the Board of Trustees to establish new Trustees appointments
- Works closely with Trustees and Committee members on a wide variety of projects and events.
- Other assignments as given assigned by the Administrator.
Examples of SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of three years fundraising experience.
- Superior writing, editing and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer leadership and senior staff, as appropriate, in the cultivation and solicitation process for donors.
- Excellent research skills and understanding of the annual fundraising process.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detailed oriented, focused, results-oriented, self-starter.
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows including Excel, Word and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Experience with museum and garden organization highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Salary based on experience. The Morikami Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume and proposed rate/fee by mail, e-mail, or fax
The Morikami Museum and Japanese Garden
4000 Morikami Park Road
Delray Beach, FL 33446