Position Title: Development Gift Processor
Reports to: Development Operations Manager
Status: Full-time/Hourly (non-exempt) ($16 - $20/hr)
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and science. The Garden’s hands-on interactive Smith Children’s Garden, along with 90 acres of beautifully restored native habitats, formal Gardens, walking trails and public programming offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Development Operations Manager, this full-time position will support the day-to-day activities of the Development Department. The Development Gift Processor will assist with the Garden’s fundraising efforts primarily by completing the daily ACME Point of Sale system membership gift export process, importing those gifts in Raiser’s Edge CRM and coding the associated gift batch. Other duties include assisting with maintenance of the donor database and constituent records and contributing to the overall success of the Development Department through data entry, batch gift entry, administrative support, and special projects. This position is a fully remote position and has a compensation range of $16 - $20/hr based on experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately enter high volume of gifts in Raiser’s Edge, ensuring timely and accurate entry by completing daily ACME Point of Sale export and associated RE gift batch entry
- Generate twice weekly export/import files to update membership records in ACME Point of Sale
- Run twice weekly donations report in ACME to appropriately batch and acknowledge gifts in Raiser’s Edge
- Assist with maintenance of Raiser's Edge database including entry of relevant information including appeals, actions, and membership information as needed, as well as updating constituent information as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors through phone, email, written, and face-to-face communication
- Assist Development team with administrative tasks as well as member and donor stewardship efforts
- Participate in Garden-wide events, exhibitions and projects as required or needed
- Performs other duties as assigned and required
- Attention to detail with high standards for accuracy and confidentiality
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to function in a team environment and support colleagues toward common fundraising goals
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 2-3 years of work experience in data entry/management
- Minimum 2 years of Blackbaud database or comparable data entry/management experience
- Minimum 1 year experience with a Point of Sale (POS) system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Raiser’s Edge Fundamentals Certification and Blackbaud Professional Certification in Raiser’s Edge
- 2-3 years of non-profit experience
A pre-employment background check required.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, sexual orientation, handicap or mental or physical disability, sex, age, or disability.