The Director of Development provides support for Orlando Science Center by increasing revenue from corporate partners and other funders. Reporting to the Vice President of Development and working closely with the Director of Grants and Foundation Relations, Vice President of Education, and Vice President of Visitor Experience, the Director of Development is responsible for creating and stewarding partnerships between Orlando Science Center and various corporations, foundations, community groups, school systems and universities with the overarching goal of generating resources and opportunities to deliver high quality STEM learning experiences.
- Develops and executes strategies for enhancing revenue from corporations and corporate foundations for both short and long term success in line with budget and organization goals.
- Develops and documents a robust pipeline of proposals and meets annual fundraising goals; establishes and achieves benchmarks for constructive growth; measures progress against institutional goals.
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner; utilizes automated systems for tracking and reporting; develops and maintains prospect lists in donor database.
- Ensures all corporate partners are being stewarded regularly throughout the year with the aim of building ongoing relationships that sustain the mission.
- Researches prospects and develops plan to engage targeted organizations for short- and long-term partnerships.
- Develops and maintains a robust donor portfolio.
- Ensures appropriate follow-up with funders for annual and comprehensive campaigns as outlined in Development Plan.
- Works directly with VP of Education and VP of Visitor Experience to solicit and steward corporate investments for a range of educational programs and initiatives.
- Serves as project manager on corporate projects pertaining to OSC educational programming, working closely with the internal education team.
- Manages the goals, strategy, and activity of the Lead Development Officer and the Development Manager including the Corporate Partnership Program. Corporate Sponsorships, and events like Science of Wine and Otronicon.
- Participates in the implementation of a successful comprehensive campaign for the long term growth of the Center.
- Stays current on corporate activity in the community to assess viable opportunities for engagement.
- Works with internal OSC departments including Finance, Marketing, Visitor Experience, Education and others to ensure fulfillment of Development goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of three to five years of experience in corporate fundraising and/or business development. Three years of management experience, including budgeting and planning.
- Certifications: N/A
- Knowledge and involvement in the local community.
- Previous work experience in a non-profit organization or business development function.
- Strong communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems.
- Professional corporate experience.
- Experience managing others including setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with Orlando Science Center’s plans and vision
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks. Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Monday through Friday, with ability to participate in weekend and after-hours events as needed.
- 20% travel throughout Central Florida.
- This position is required to be onsite 60% of the time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HRSpecialist@osc.org. Thank you!