Department: Education and Visitor Experience
Reports directly to: Education Programs Manager
Organizational Description: Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and applied science. The Garden has beautifully restored native habitats, cultivated gardens, walking trails, and public programming that offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
Position Summary: The mission of the Education & Visitor Experience department is to educate visitors and our community about plants’ value to all life on Earth through engaging, accurate, and impactful experiences and interpretation and our vision is to be global leader in environmental education for all ages and audiences. To that end, Educator I will create and lead mission-driven programs and content for youth, family, and adult audiences.
- Collaborate with Garden staff to plan and deliver formal and informal educational programming, including but not limited to programming for youth, families, and adults. Programming takes place both in-person, as well as virtually (synchronous and asynchronous).
- Assist and support Garden staff with program and material creation and preparation.
- Assist and support Garden staff with special events and exhibitions.
- Assist Garden staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental education, museum studies, horticulture, environmental studies, or an equivalent level or combination of education and experience. Degree need not be complete at time of hire.
- Experience and confidence in delivering formal or informal youth, family, and adult programming in a public setting
- Creativity, imagination, and the ability to inspire others to learn about the environment
- Highly organized and motivated with a strong work ethic with superior communication skills, including facility with written communication
- Familiarity with Office 365 and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with video production, videography, photography, or digital arts
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Kreyol, including written proficiency, preferred
- Willingness and ability to work full days outdoors in a hot and humid environment and ability to lift and carry at least 35 pounds
- Possess a commitment to the Garden’s mission of connecting people with plants with a demonstrated ability and interest in the environment, nature, and education
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some holidays
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Will be required to undergo a background check prior to being hired
To Apply: Please provide a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. All applications and resumes will be reviewed and you will be notified of the status of your application soon.