Department: Contemporary Art Museum / 0-2412-000
College/Division: College of The Arts
Salary Plan: Temporary
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $15.32 to $19.63 per hour
This part-time position will manage the planning and hosting of events for the Contemporary Art Museum, Graphicstudio, and the Public Art Program. This can include:
- Participating with other staff members with the scheduling of events.
- Planning event details including table setup, catering and beverage service. This must be accomplished within a predetermined budget.
- Assist with hosting educational events as needed.
- Assist with informal lunches with artists and other patrons on occasion.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, caterers, and contractors.
- Must be able to run errands to be prepared for events and to keep event supplies stocked.
- Track RSVPs for special events.
- Prepare reports summarizing events which may include budgets and attendance numbers.
- Other duties as needed
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with at least four years of experience in an office or administrative support position. Additional education may not be substituted for this experience requirement. Experience in working or planning events for an arts organization. Have a driver's license. You must submit a cover letter AND a resume to be considered for this position. CLICK HERE to apply.
High level of organizational skills. Supervisory Experience. Ability to work in Excel and Microsoft Power Point.