Department: Education & Visitor Experience
Reports to: Director of Exhibitions & Special Programs
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class paradise, featuring the flora and cultures of the tropics and sub-tropics including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and Florida. The Garden’s mission is to connect people and plants through display, education, conservation, and applied science. The Garden has beautifully restored native habitats, cultivated gardens, walking trails, and public programming that offer education and enjoyment for people of all ages. Naples Botanical Garden is a 501(c)3 organization.
The Exhibitions & Special Programs Division presents ongoing and seasonal festivals, exhibits, and public events to drive year-round attendance to Naples Botanical Garden. This includes a variety of free and fee-based activities that support the Garden’s mission, engage the community, and encourage visitation.
The Festival Coordinator plays an important role in the Garden’s robust offering of seasonal events. Primary duties will focus on public festivals, including Night Lights in the Garden, Music in the Garden, Naples Flower Show, Naples Orchid Show & Sale, Ikebana Show, Blooms & Brews, and more. The Coordinator works collaboratively across the organization as well as within the local partners in the community to strengthen public festival offerings at the Garden.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the planning and execution of 36-month schedule of festivals and public events
- Manage internal calendar of festivals and public events, including timelines for production
- Assist with scheduling and managing vendors, artists, and performers; prepare artist and vendor contracts, timelines, and calendar items
- Meet regularly with staff internally to coordinate event execution
- Work closely with Advancement, Communications, and Visitor Services teams and leaders provide appropriate information and materials in a timely manner
- Assist with managing on-site event execution
- Work closely with the Event Services team on logistics of public events including set-up, floorplans, and all logistical needs for events and festivals
- Coordinate printing and signage needs for exhibits and public events
- Collaborate with Volunteer Services to recruit volunteers to assist in organizing and provide staffing to programs and events
- Code invoices and process check requests; perform related administrative duties
- Ensure all necessary insurance policies, purchases, and contracts are completed in a timely and professional manner, and that all required documentation is provided to the appropriate staff leadership
- Research potential festivals and other public events and assess for relation to mission, feasibility, and potential for earned revenue
- Develop relationships with counterparts at other botanical gardens and museums
- Attention to detail with high standards for accuracy
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment
- Must be resourceful, innovative, and flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of successful event, project, or nonprofit experience in managing events, programs, and/or projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with peers, colleagues, and volunteers
- Commitment to excellence
- Proven track record of success working in a fast-paced environment in which coordination with internal and external audiences is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
A pre-employment background check required.
Naples Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Garden has a long-standing policy of employment and advancement based solely upon qualifications to perform the essential elements of a position without regard to age, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, race, color, religion, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, HIV status, genetic information, handicap or mental or physical disability, sex, or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. All applications and resumes will be reviewed and you will be notified of the status of your application soon.