Hours: 9:30am to 5:30pm, part time Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Salary: $14 per hour
The primary function of the Gift Shop Associate is to provide exceptional visitor services and accurate site information for guests visiting the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Transact gift shop and admission sales on point-of-sale system quickly, accurately, and efficiently
- Demonstrate product knowledge to assist customers with selections
- Provide welcoming atmosphere while informing visitors of rules and regulations
- Assist with inventory stocking and control; help maintain an orderly, clean, and attractive store and stock room
- Assist with merchandise orders and incoming shipments
- Fulfil online sales accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of store, programs, and site operations
- Learn to accurately share a brief history of the Lighthouse and the history of Jupiter
- Monitor safety and cleanliness in the Gift Shop and Museum as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Strong customer service skills required
- Previous experience with retail sales/customer service preferred
- Experience with point-of-sale technology
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and communicate well
- Flexibility to work weekends, alternate days, evenings, or special events as needed
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
- Email your cover letter and resume to Director of Operations, Katrina Heller at email@example.com
- Please do not call.
The Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate and will take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, advancement, training, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, disability, gender or national origin.