Florida Humanities seeks an experienced Grants and Programs Coordinator who will support the promotion, awarding and administration of Florida Humanities’ various grantmaking programs. This position will also be responsible for direct management of select public programs including our statewide speakers program, “Florida Talks”. This full-time, twelve-month contracted position will primarily report to the Grants Director but will also work closely with other staff members.
- Assist in tracking, recording, and maintaining grant applications and funded grants in Florida Humanities’ online grants management system (Foundant) and in its organizational database (Raisers Edge)
- Provide technical support to applicants, staff, and evaluators for the online grants management system
- Oversee all aspects of administration of the “Florida Talks” program with community partners
- Maintain Florida Humanities Events Calendar
- Assist in organizing informational workshops and webinars, both virtual and in-person, for grant applicants
- Compile grants and program-related statistics and reports
- Assist with preparing content for social media, e-news, Florida Humanities’ FORUM magazine, and general communications related to grants and public programs
- Prepare materials for meetings of Florida Humanities’ grant review committee, the board and its Programs Committee
- Other tasks assigned by the Grants Director and Associate Director
- B.A./B.S. degree, preferably in the humanities
- Three to five years of grants and/or public program management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, maintain deadlines, and produce high-quality work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collegially within a small staff and to establish service-oriented, helpful relationships with Florida Humanities’ partners and constituents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), and database software. Proficiency with Raisers Edge and Foundant GLM software strongly preferred.
- Interest in and an enthusiasm for the humanities, particularly public humanities programming
- Familiarity with cultural organizations in Florida is a plus
How to Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary and benefits requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Grants and Programs Coordinator – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications accepted until position is filled. In-person interviews are expected to begin in early June 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
The Florida Humanities Council is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to establish and maintain diversity among its staff and is thereby inclusive in its employment practices. Florida Humanities is also following local CDC guidelines regarding COVID practices and is currently working remotely. When it is deemed safe to do so, staff will return to the office and this position may require occasional statewide travel and/or irregular work hours.