SALARY: $15.00 per hour
Must be available to work 9am-7pm. Must be available on weekends and holidays.
SUMMARY: The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science is seeking a full-time non-exempt Guest Experience Supervisor to support the Guest Experience Management team. The Guest Experience Supervisor must embrace and model outstanding customer service, run efficient business operations and develop high employee morale for the Guest Experience team members. This position assists with the daily operations of the museum, supporting the Guest Experience Management team to ensure consistent high standards of customer service, and performs essential duties to support the team. Responsible for assisting in scheduling floor coverage for a team of 45+ employees in a 365-day operation, the Guest Experience Supervisor will provide consistent staff support working within budgetary guidelines. Works with managers of other teams to provide maximum support of all staff and volunteers. Supports floor operations as necessary. Communicates effectively with other Guest Experience Managers, Membership, Retail, Food Service, Security and Facilities personnel to provide consistent coverage and smooth operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting in weekly preparation of guest experience team schedules, including special events scheduling; ensures that schedules are prepared accurately and on a timely basis.
- Maintains accurate records for employees in regard to attendance, approving requests for time off, shift trades and drops.
- Responds immediately to all guest complaints and issues using best judgment to resolve the issue to the guest’s satisfaction on the spot.
- Provides additional guest experience support (both front of the house and back of the house) as needed.
- Assists with enforcing company safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree, or 1-3 years of comparable experience in a hospitality/attraction environment
- Experience with scheduling software programs; Microsoft Office and Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must present a mature, professional appearance with strong verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to maintain and project a calm, outward demeanor under stressful situations
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in all matters
- Must be able to enforce company safety policies
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as scheduled
- Oversee and assist with floor operations as needed or in the Managers absence
- Fluency in English language (oral and written) required; oral fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work time will be split between working in an open office setting and on the floor. Exposure to outdoor activities is often requested.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
- Credit Check
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine(s) by date of hire to be considered for employment unless applicant is eligible for an exemption pursuant to all applicable laws.
APPLY NOW: https://www.frostscience.org/careers/