Reporting to the Vice President of Technology the IT Manager is responsible for the setup, administration and routine testing and analysis of all elements of the Museum’s network and technology systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains high availability of all network and telecommunications services
- Hiring and managing of IT support staff
- Develops and maintains network diagrams and documentation
- Provides support to the IT staff and end users
- Manages vendor relationships related to the network, servers and telecommunications equipment
- Responsible for managing network infrastructure installation, maintenance and planning for future growth.
- Updates, maintains, and rolls out enterprise servers, storage, desktops, tablets, and backups.
- Insures the network is secure by developing and implementing network access and monitoring control.
- Maintains documentation for the network hardware, software, and network security
- Maintain SQL based databases
- Carries out disaster recovery plan
- Ensures network PCI compliance
- Sets up and maintains phone systems at Museum and offsite offices
- Manages and maintains data and voice circuits.
- Monitors the Help Desk trouble ticket system to insure that all problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Follows up with Museum staff and outside vendors to insure they are resolving hardware and/or software problems in a timely manner.
- Insures that all backups are completed.
- Processes security requests for system/application access
- Performs special projects as requested by Management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Network routers, switches and wireless access points
- Managing Avaya VoIP phone systems (IP Office)
- Subnetting, VLAN, QoS, programming and administration
- Site to site VPN setup and administration
- Microsoft Active Directory setup, administration, replication
- Office 365 Exchange, Resource management and Unified Messaging
- Windows servers (2003, 2008, 2012)
- DNS (internal and external)
- Network security monitoring
- Desktop/laptop/server hardware and software configuration/troubleshooting for MacOS, Windows and Linux.
- iOS and Android Mobile Device Configuration
- Firewall Administration
- VMWare Administration and VM server deployments
- Remote Desktop deployment and support
- SAN (storage Area Network) Administration
- Could based shared file storage
MINIMUM JOB/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field, with 6 years of relevant experience.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Programs
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine(s) by date of hire to be considered for employment unless applicant is eligible for an exemption and able to provide supporting documentation for an accommodation under Title VII and/or ADA with the Human Resources Department.
APPLY NOW: https://www.frostscience.org/careers/