Working with the Vice President of Development, the Major Gifts Officer will create and execute both short-term and long-term strategies for increasing contributed revenue streams while building sustainable relationships for OSC. The Major Gifts Officer will assist the Orlando Science Center in the creation of a stable financial base by growing relationships and increasing contributed and campaign revenue from individuals. Working with the Vice President of Development, the Major Gifts Officer will research and develop a comprehensive plan for enhancing individual giving to the Orlando Science Center.
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships with individual prospects and donors; manages a dynamic portfolio of at least 175 donors.
- Initiates and solicits gifts for the Orlando Science Center with a focus on identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual prospects with the potential to support the Center with gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Prepares written proposals to solicit prospects for major gifts in support of the Orlando Science Center using persuasive language to promote visionary gift opportunities.
- Develops and documents a robust pipeline of proposals and meets annual and campaign fundraising goals; establishes and achieves benchmarks for constructive growth; measures progress against institutional goals.
- Adheres to established protocols.
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner; utilizes automated systems for tracking and reporting; develops and maintains prospect lists in donor database.
- Ensures proper presentation of materials and other deliverables as necessary.
- Meets comprehensive campaign revenue goals to ensure long term growth of the Science Center.
- Leads and develops a robust planned giving program to create a more sustainable future for the Science Center.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Decision Making
- Work Standards
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Customer Service and Quality
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree appreciated.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of major gifts experience with demonstrated accomplishment in the acquisition of gifts from individuals, including direct ask experience. The demonstrated ability to strategize, formulate, and close gifts of five and six figures and above, and reach annual fundraising goals and targets. General understanding of tax and other aspects of all planned giving vehicles; ability to recognize and cultivate planned giving prospects; experience soliciting, structuring and closing planned gifts preferred.
- Certifications: N/A
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills; demonstrably strong planning and organization skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently and the ability to collaborate with others for productive outcomes.
- Superb judgment in all areas related to frontline fundraising.
- Process- and detail-oriented; strong project management; proactive.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Some local travel required. Minimum travel outside of tri-county area required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume to HRSpecialist@osc.org.