Florida Humanities seeks an experienced Marketing and Communications Assistant who will support the promotion, branding, marketing and digital communication of Florida Humanities. This position directly supports the Communications Department’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing & communications projects such as email campaigns, brand awareness, social media, or content marketing.
- Independently coordinate marketing and community initiatives, including overseeing logistics, managing reports, analytics, coordinating with media contacts and funded partners, creating itineraries/timelines and overseeing design and delivery of marketing collateral
- Coordinate collateral products or content, including copy, scheduling, testing, and database management
- Create, proofread, and schedule content for various communication channels (e-newsletter, social media, videos, etc.) ensuring consistent voice
- Assist with developing and managing online content and social media marketing programs, including blogs, website and public relations efforts
- Evaluate and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports
- Manage relationships with external contractors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
- Conduct market research and identify trends and outreach opportunities
Additional related assignments as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Two to four years of communication and digital marketing experience preferred
- Knowledgeable of the disciplines and definition of the humanities; Experience working in any humanities field or the nonprofit sector a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, maintain deadlines, and produce high-quality work; Detailed-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and consistency
- Effective writer and editor with experience drafting communications and correspondence to engage key audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to work collegially within a small staff and to establish service-oriented, helpful relationships with Florida Humanities’ partners and constituents
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, design programs (PhotoShop, InDesign, or Adobe), web-based tools, and database management systems
- Possess an eye for design and the basic tenets of photography as well as video and audio content creation and editing skills
- Physical: Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time; ability to lift parcels weighing up to 25 lbs; ability to stoop and reach; ability to climb stairs
How to Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Marketing and Communications Assistant – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Please include 3-4 writing samples and examples of graphic designs and videos. No phone calls please. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Florida Humanities is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to establish and maintain diversity among its staff and is thereby inclusive in its employment practices. Florida Humanities is also following local CDC guidelines regarding COVID practices and is currently requiring both in-office and remote office hours.