SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Public Relations and Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist assists in developing creative and savvy marketing campaigns and public relations strategies. This position will ensure all content is on-brand — in terms of style, quality and tone – and will assist in community management and museum content creation, including blog posts, videos, podcasts, newsletters, website pages and copywriting. The Marketing Specialist represents the museum at onsite and offsite functions, maintains records and budgets, prepares presentations and creates recaps for events, PR initiatives and marketing campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in creating content for a variety of platforms, including electronic newsletters, blogs, website, social media, marketing and advancement campaigns, and event invitations
- Drafting content, proofreading and editing content before publishing
- Ensuring that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented
- Tracking consumer and content analytics and generating reports and presentations
- Responsible for keeping the Frost Science website content updated and dynamic, leading the growth of the Frost Science community
- Manage and moderate all third-party review sites and platforms, including drafting responses when appropriate and driving positive reviews and engagement
- Serve as liaison with digital marketing agency and advertising partners
- Coordinate marketing events and program advertising, invitations, signage, collateral, promotional materials/merchandise, follow-up communications and recap reports
- Coordinate photography and videography for promotional/marketing events
- Create reports for executive and board meetings with marketing and PR data
- Create reports and recaps for institutional partners and sponsors
- Organize and maintain the museum’s media assets
- Support established website development priorities through coordination and thorough site testing. Coordinate closely with the Frost Science Web Developer / IT department to resolve minor bugs and fixes
- Setup and deploy all email communications using Frost Science branded assets
- Manage dynamic lists, custom views, and one-off sends
- Use email marketing concepts and metrics to measure and optimize our email campaigns, to improve open rates, deliverability, click rates, and conversion rates, and to achieve specific business goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
At least four years of comparable and relevant experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A portfolio of published work and familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress is required. Good knowledge of content and layout design tools such as Adobe InCopy, InDesign and video production is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work in a team as well as be able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize, and manage multiple projects and timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to create concise reports and budgets.
- Adaptability and creativity
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Must be extremely organized and diligent
- Requires exacting attention to detail and excellent customer service whether in person or by other communication, including written and telephone
- Excellence in English language (oral and written) required; preference for bilingual (Eng/Span)
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel; some experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is usually done indoors in a climate-controlled environment and usually quiet.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
APPLY NOW! - https://www.frostscience.org/careers/