Naples FL, FL
Full Time, Regular
Public Services Department
9/16/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Purpose of Classification
The purpose of this classification is to assist the Museum Manager in the operations, maintenance, and security of the Museum. Employees in this classification assist in the daily activities and maintenance of the museum, schedules and trains volunteers, greets visitors, conducts tours, speaks to groups, plans and develops programs and educational activities
- Assists in the day-to-day operation and secures artifacts.
- Maintains museum facilities and exhibits; contacts repair persons or specialized Museum staff for assistance as needed.
- Provides clerical support; compiles information and prepares reports on museum operations, activities, and visitations.
- Trains and schedules volunteers as greeters and tour guides; plans assignments up to a year in advance, reviews and evaluates work of volunteers in cooperation with the Museum's Volunteer Coordinator.
- Greets visitors; conducts tours of the museum; speaks to groups.
- Develops presentations and activities; assists with implementing museum programs.
- Assists with promoting the Museum to the general public.
- Operates a computer, printer, telephone, or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheet, database, or other system software.
High school diploma or GED; one year of experience in customer service and clerical work or specialized work based on area of assignment; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Fingerprinting required.
Collier County BCC offers a variety of benefits to both regular full and part time employees. For information, click here to view the comprehensive benefits package we have to offer you when you join our team.
Individuals hired into temporary positions for a period of less than six months, volunteers and interns are not benefit eligible. Temporary employees hired for longer than six months may be eligible for Florida Retirement System Benefits as well as others required by law.