Our small, "grass roots" Museum in Sulphur Springs, Tampa, Florida, seeks a part-time Director to lead our progress from our current start-up stage to museum accreditation. We seek a self-starter and highly-motivated individual with some professional museum and/or library experience.
The Director will work 20 hours per week, at $18.00 per hour. At this time, the Museum is unable to offer benefits. Working hours are Wednesday through Saturday. The work schedule may vary occasionally based on programming. The Museum has a very small operational budget, supplemented by grants and donations.
- Manage all aspects of museum operation, including budgets, finances, and programs. Supervising personnel which, at this time, include one part-time maintenance person and a roster of volunteers.
- Develop fundraising strategies: including capital campaigns, grant writing and program development.
- Continue public relations efforts to increase local and regional public awareness of the mission and programming offered by the Museum. The Director will interact with the local community to build on existing partnerships.
- Create and supervise educational initiatives, which may include: exhibit creation; public programming such as talks and events; student tours, staff development; student leadership programs; volunteer training; special projects
- Attend appropriate conferences, seminars, workshops, and other professional training opportunities.
- Report regularly to the Board of Directors
- Bachelor's Degree in Museum Studies, History, Anthropology, Business Administration, Library Science, or related degree.
- Knowledge of history and its connections to other disciplines: commitment to community engagement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in a museum, library or non-profit organization.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- M.A in History, Museum Studies, Anthropology, or related field
- Experience in managing a staff and interacting with partners, local government, and other entities.
- Position is for 3 years, contingent upon a satisfactory background check, annual evaluations, and continued funding.
- SSMHC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Applications accepted thru October 31, 2020. Position begins around mid-November, 2020
- Send letter or application, resume, and names and contact information for three people
able to provide references, to Mrs. Norma Robinson: email@example.com. Questions about the position may be directed to Mrs. Robinson at this email address; no phone calls.
- To learn more about the Museum, please visit·www.sulphurspringsmuseum.org, or https://www.facebook.com/SulphurSpringsMuseum/