The Reservations Associate will make group, field trip, and educational programs reservations, answer inbound phone calls and web inquiries, and to provide superior customer service to all guests. The Reservations Associate must embrace and model outstanding customer service and assist in running an efficient business operation.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
ESSENTIAL Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the established policies and procedures of the Museum.
- Communicate with teachers, group leaders and individuals by phone and email to answer all questions and suggest appropriate programs.
- Maintain accurate and current financial and attendance reports regarding group arrivals, event/class/camp registrations.
- Enroll individual patrons in assorted educational programs.
- Send invoices, payment reminders and receipts as needed.
- Invoice and post payments for scheduled reservations/registrations.
- Invoice schools for additional payments due after their visit (aged receivables).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain excellent customer service by maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and through guest interactions by answering questions related to reservations and other general information about the museum.
- Effectively works with other Museum staff, including Education and Guest Experience team members, to complete reservations and meet program needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or 2-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with complex ticketing systems (Tessitura preferred)
- Ability to match guest interest to museum offerings and effectively up-sell additional offerings to meet sales goals
- Ability to juggle many tasks calmly and efficiently in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding Computer skills, proficiency in MS Outlook and MS Office required (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and perform successfully in a flexible environment.
- Demonstrate superb oral communication skills, and the ability to work with people of all ages.
- Must be able to handle confidential and financial information
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as scheduled
- Excellence in English language (oral and written) required; preference for bilingual Spanish; Haitian Creole a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and phone; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work time will be split between an open office setting and on the floor completing reservations as needed. Occasional exposure to outdoor activities may be requested. Weekend, holiday and evening work in alignment with reservation needs is required.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
APPLY NOW! - https://www.frostscience.org/careers/