The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science is seeking a Full-time Exempt Retail Assistant Manager for the Retail team. The Retail Assistant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Retail Store and the retail inventory. As well as lead the daily operation to ensure sales goals are met. This team member is responsible for embodying the first impression of Frost Science and is an integral part of the 365-day operation. Responsible for scheduling floor coverage, the Assistant Manager will provide consistent staff support working within budgetary guidelines. Oversees retail sales ambassadors and sales lead. Must present a friendly demeanor while greeting and providing customer service to guests, informing them of the retail and/or promotional items present in the Science Store, performing technical tasks in the point-of-sale system (Heartland Retail), and completing daily assigned tasks. Must embrace and model outstanding customer service to all.
This is a full-time position and weekends are high-traffic operating days for the museum. Availability to work at least one weekend day each week is required. Occasional extended hours and evening for the store and museum events will also be required.
- Train and supervise retail sales staff, including scheduling management, and oversee the daily operations of the store including the fulfillment of e-commerce orders
- Create team schedules. Must ensure schedules are done is a timely manner, are accurate and meet the staffing requirements for daily attendance
- Manage and track product inventory, establish product pricing and leverage sales analytics to monitor, evaluate and recommend sales enhancements
- Ensure products are clean and ready to be displayed. Work on store displays and ensure product is placed on floor in a timely manner.
- Increase customer loyalty by establishing relationships with potential and actual repeat customers, and manage and resolve all customer service issues
- Retain and grow new business to ensure consistent growth
- Contact store vendors and create a rapport to ensure overall ordering process is seamless.
- Maintain inventory and ensure items are in stock.
- Analyze financial statements in order to enhance profit making opportunities.
- Ensure promotions are accurate and in tune with company’s standards.
- Utilize computers to record sales figures, creation of items, and purchase orders for inventory management and forward planning.
- Maintain the physical appearance and cleanliness of the store, ensuring that the facility and all equipment remain in good repair and creating a polished aesthetic for the retail area
- Help, drive, motivate, and encourage retail sales staff to achieve sales targets.
- Handle customer complaints, issues and questions. Promote productivity within the workplace and provide guidance to team in team projects.
- Assist guests with a variety of transactions, questions, and concerns through a seamless and friendly experience.
- Represent the museum with the upmost integrity, exemplifying values of the organization and sharing our mission daily.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree (A.A.) or 2-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in prior retail operations management, preferably in a museum retail environment
- Solid knowledge of merchandise management, inventory control and store operations
- Hands-on experience with retail point of sales systems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and train sales teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have experience working with 20+ vendors
- Customer service experience in a high-volume environment
- Must be friendly and possess strong interpersonal skills to deal tactfully and effectively with guests
- Must embrace the multicultural differences of our staff and guests
- Must be able to multitask and handle stressful situations in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in multiple languages is desirable
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player who can work under minimal supervision
- Oversee and assist with floor operations as needed or in the Managers absence
- Must show flexibility when asked to perform other tasks as needed
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as scheduled
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time, talk and hear. Daily tasks require variety of physical activities, related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting, and reaching. The employee is required to walk around the retail vicinity to ensure proper retail floor visibility, sitting only when the task assignment requires it; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will often lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, move quickly from space to space to assist guests. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The working environment is both the interior and exterior spaces of the museum. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in elements such as sun, rain, heat, wind, etc. Exposure to outdoor activities is often requested.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
- Credit Check
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine(s) by date of hire to be considered for employment unless applicant is eligible for an exemption and able to provide supporting documentation for an accommodation under Title VII and/or ADA with the Human Resources Department.
APPLY NOW: https://www.frostscience.org/careers/