Security Guards duties are to provide overall security for the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens per the details below and according to relevant County and State laws and procedures.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guards shall report to work with a professional appearance.
- In addition to specific Post Orders, Guards shall enforce the Museums Universal Rules and Regulations to ensure that the assets of the Museum are protected at all times.
- Guards shall maintain contact with Manager on Duty, and communicate with Manager on duty regarding any incidents observed on the property,
- Guards shall fill out The Palm Beach County Property & Liability Accident/Incident report, in addition to any required forms, for incidents at either Post.
- Guards shall assist and inform the Manager on Duty of any medical emergencies. Guards shall only treat minor first aid situations and should inform the Manager on duty to call 911 when deemed appropriate.
While Guards enforce the above Rules and Regulations, common courtesy must be displayed. Guards should interact respectfully with Patrons at all times.
Main Museum & Gardens
Guards shall follow all rules Standard Operating Procedure provided to them by Morikami Inc.
High School diploma required. Associate (or higher) College degree preferred.
Must have CPR and AED certification.
Experience in managing/supervising security of a museum desirable.
Must possess superior customer service as well as oral and written communication skills.
Must possess a high level of integrity and sense of professionalism
Flexible schedule - must be able to work some nights and weekends.
The Morikami Museum is an equal opportunity employer. This position is classified as Full Time.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume and proposed rate/fee by mail, e-mail, or fax
The Morikami Museum and Japanese Garden
4000 Morikami Park Road
Delray Beach, FL 33446