Responsible for performing protective and enforcement functions to maintain a safe and secure environment for Museum guests, visitors, and employees. Work is performed in all areas of the Frost Science Museum.
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Hourly/Full-Time
SALARY: $13.00 - $13.00 per hour
SHIFT: ALL SHIFTS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to the established policies and procedures of the Museum.
- Respond to emergencies, disturbances, undesired conduct, and threats to life and property.
- Respond to assigned calls and initiate necessary reports and/or corrective action.
- Monitor the employee entrance/exit to ensure appropriate property business.
- Answer security telephone and dispatch calls to officers using a two-way radio system.
- Foot Patrol six (6) Floors, three (3) different buildings.
- Monitor surveillance system, fire alarm system, property access control door alarm system, and other systems in the security control room.
- Perform various duties depending on needs for a specific shift, such as opening entrance gates, receive deliveries at loading dock and provide assistance for museum events.
- Consult internally with Company personnel and departments to assure adequate security.
- Maintain updated knowledge of Museum Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s).
- Perform preventative maintenance on Security equipment.
- Follow instructions given by Supervisor.
- Initiate fire watch when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) years’ security officer experience required. Military or law enforcement background preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with guests, management, and staff.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
State of Florida (Class D) Security License Training Certificate/Card. CPR certification and first-aid training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires mobility. Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and kneeling. Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed both indoors and in outdoor settings and in all areas of the Museum. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality is required.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ON WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
APPLY NOW! : https://www.frostscience.org/careers