IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
HOURS: 40 HOURS
COMPENSATION: 46K TO 50K ANNUALLY
POSITION PURPOSE: The Staff Accountant is responsible for the monthly preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of various general ledger accounts, assisting in the preparation of financial statements and grant expenditure tracking. Additional responsibilities may include budgeting, payroll accounting, accounts receivable, audit and tax workpaper preparation and special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer. This position is also responsible for backup assistance to all areas within the Finance department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews daily cash deposits and summaries.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information and schedules for the preparation of entries to GL accounts and documenting business transactions.
- Prepares, enters and posts month-end and year-end journal entries.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, including identifying outstanding items, researching and correcting concerns.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with accounting internal control procedures.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for improving the organization's accounting processes.
- Cross-training in Accounts Payable and Payroll.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, database management, Excel, Power Point, Word and other computer skills.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with monthly closing procedures.
- Ability to perform well within a fast-paced organization with many priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to communicate professionally, effectively and diplomatically.
- Museum or nonprofit experience preferred.
TIME COMMITMENTS: Hours are generally Monday-Friday, between 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, but flexibility is required. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this position. This job description is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and work conditions of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify the duties of this position and designate other functions as essential at any point in time. Management may also modify working hours and work location at any point in time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Interested applicants should fill out the Museum’s Pre-Employment Application. Applications are accepted online at https://themosh.org/about/careers/ or cover letter and resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org