Job Title: Part-Time Technical Production Assistant(s)
JOB ID #: 49975
Learn more and apply at: https://ringling.org/employment.
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
The Technical Production Assistant will provide technical and production assistance for Art of Performance and On Screen productions; work with Production Manager to assist as production crew during load in, technical and dress rehearsals and performances/film screenings; assist artists/designers as much as possible on implementation of design; act as liaison between Production Manager and guest artists and rental productions to troubleshoot; communicate as needed with Box Office and Front of House for Historic Asolo Theater; act as production staff for evening and weekend productions in collaboration with Production Manager and Art Performance staff; and assist with development of annual production calendar.
- Execute set build, load in and technical requirements as determined by Production Manager.
- Read and interpret lighting plot and other drawings in association with the Production Manager.
- Have basic programming knowledge of ETC GIO lighting console.
- Run light board for dress rehearsal and performances.
- Run a preshow check to make sure all equipment is working prior to performances and film screenings and troubleshoot as needed.
- Work with IATSE electric crew.
- Maintenance and repair of conventional fixtures, scrollers and moving lights.
- Operation of film projection system for testing and movie screenings.
- High school diploma and 3 years of technical theater direct experience.
- Strong ability to work independently and time management skills.
- Ability to work with projection equipment.
- Detailed knowledge of lighting, current technologies, equipment maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory and practices.
- Keeping the electrics shop clean and organized in order to keep the work environment productive.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Ability to take lighting cues if stage manager isn’t present.
- Bachelor's degree in technical theater
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
The rate of pay is $22.50 per hour.
Museum employees also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum store
- Discounts on select performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
Must be able to work evenings, weekends, special events, or holidays. The Ringling has the ability to offer 20 hour per week for two candidates or 28 hours per week for one candidate, based on the needs of the top applicant(s).
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How to Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu (search under keyword “Ringling”).
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees who meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information on the Affordable Care Act, please visit the Benefits website and click on Employee Insurance Eligibility.
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits. Although listed as "temporary," please note this is not a seasonal/summer position.