Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a National Historic Landmark and accredited museum in Miami, Florida (www.vizcaya.org). The Technology Operations Specialist will provide part-time assistance for administration of Information Technology systems as well as related digital initiatives. The position is on the Finance & Operations Team in the Technology & Digital Initiatives Department and reports to the Director of Technology & Digital Initiatives.
Vizcaya is owned by Miami-Dade County and is operated by the non-profit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Trust, Inc. Our mission is to preserve the estate’s cultural and environmental resources to engage people in connecting with the past, understanding the present and shaping the future. Our vision is to position Vizcaya as an enduring, inclusive and innovative place that inspires people to embrace the cultural vitality and environmental sustainability of the world around us.
- Perform in-person and remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions. Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by staff and walk them through the problem-solving process.
- Monitor, address and record incidents and their resolution in Vizcaya’s IT ticketing system.
- Assist testing and deployment of technology experiences for staff and for audience-facing experiences.
- Comply with policies and procedures and identify and assist implementation of strategic improvements as they pertain to technology systems.
- Complete user adds, moves, changes and account creations.
- Provide Endpoint setup, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot and optimize Vizcaya’s Office 365 environment.
- Proactively promote communication, collaboration and customer service.
This job description is not designed to be comprehensive; duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- At least two years of work experience in information technology support and/or services.
- An Associates’s degree or higher in Information Technology or a related field.
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, flexibility and commitment to collaboration, customer service, strategy and innovation.
- Knowledge of the Windows environment and enterprise-level administration, including Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and troubleshooting of systems and networks.
- Ability to efficiently and cordially work with colleagues to identify and solve their technology problems.
- Understanding of Office 365 administration, and optimization methods for components such as Sharepoint.
- Awareness of the unique technology needs of non-profits and of change management.
- Experience with databases and the workings of APIs.
- English fluency.
Factors Vizcaya Will Consider When Evaluating Applicants and Determining Compensation
- Additional relevant work experience, training and education.
- Spanish, Haitian Creole and other language skills.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens offers competitive compensation, generous paid leave and retirement benefits for part-time employees. Compensation will be based on experience and skills; the salary for employees meeting the requirements of this position is $32/hour and $36/hour for someone exceeding them.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The majority of work is done in an office setting, with some portion involving interaction with the public, community members, partners, donors, vendors, contractors and other constituents on and off site. Duties on site will include extensive desk work at a computer, with as-needed visits to the museum and staff offices. Vizcaya’s Estate spans 40 acres, and a certain amount of walking can be expected for the resolution of support issues. This position requires the ability to lift 50 lbs. and safely bend/crouch to install and manage technology equipment. Vizcaya is a non-smoking environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Schedule
This is a part-time, hourly position (24 hours per week), The schedule will be set collaboratively on a monthly basis within the Technology & Digital Department to ensure coverage of support needs at critical times, including weekends. Additional hours may be required periodically.
Please submit a resume to: HRVizcaya@vizcaya.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is committed to equity and inclusion and is engaged in a strategic process to ensure that our staff, Board and volunteers reflect our community’s diversity. Vizcaya welcomes applicants from groups that are underrepresented in cultural organizations and seeks to recruit, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an equal opportunity employer. Vizcaya respects people of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, familial status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics protected by law.
Updated March 7, 2022