Hours: FT/Avg 37.5 hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director
Description: Oversee and provide an engaging customer experience for all aspects of the day to day operations of visitor engagement and the Museum Store through knowledgeable, friendly and efficient service while following the direction of the Executive Director.
- Greet and provide assistance to Museum store visitors, handle admission and sales while connecting with each customer to provide a positive museum and shopping experience.
- Learn all aspects of the Point Of Sale (POS) system including drawer count, Daily Sales Logs ensuring accuracy and completeness as well as monitor from days off, day-end balancing and reporting. Develop an understanding of the system in order to troubleshoot when needed. Run and file End-Of-Month reports.
- Assist with open and close of Museum, ensure facility’s security systems and monitoring surveillance cameras are working to prevent damage and theft of inventory and museum artifacts.
- Daily monitoring of stock levels. Maintain current knowledge of store merchandise, return and exchange policies, ensure that items are ordered, received, and ticketed correctly through POS, then stocked on sales floor or stored properly in the retail closet. Create signage to display layout to enhance merchandise sales. Maintain online store and process online orders. Research, design and/or source out new products.
- Run Inventory reports to ensure desired levels of inventory are sustained and stock is reordered when needed, Work closely with vendors acquiring new merchandise, sourcing new products and obtaining items to complement special exhibit or speaker. Also conduct full semi-annual inventory March/Sept.
- Check and submit vendor invoices to Executive Director, maintain vendor files.
- Maintain cleanliness of Museum Store, display areas, restrooms, door entry, and exhibits etc. – clean and sanitize periodically throughout day as needed and at end of each day.
- Manage Group sales, tour requests and scheduling.
- Creatively promote and maintain all aspects of Membership, process new and renewing along with renewal messages and notices, update PastPerfect database and run monthly reports.
- Answer telephones in a professional manner, take and forward messages as needed.
- Contribute to e-blast/newsletters as requested, as well as prepare advertising.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to Retail Team as needed and assist other staff as needed.
- Interaction with Storage tenants as needed and appropriate.
- Previous retail/customer service experience required with Museum/non-profit experience preferred.
- Highly motivated and energetic individual who exhibits a pleasant, outgoing, and service-oriented personality with excellent verbal, social and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with POS system (Intuit - Quickbooks).
- Proficient with computer skills, Microsoft Office programs and computer graphics software.
- Recommended to be a member (or join) the Museum Store Association.
- Certified diver with experience preferred.
- Execute responsibilities faithfully and use good judgment.
- Be a self-starter, with creative and artistic design specific to retail displays.
- Must be able to do lift up to 50 lbs and use a ladder.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and some holidays.
- Willing to submit to background check and to commit to supporting a drug-free workplace.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. Send letter of interest, resume, compensation history and expectations, and 3 professional references to email@example.com
No phone calls please.