To Apply visit www.ut.edu and click on Employment at the bottom of the page. Follow instructions for Open Staff Positions.
The Henry B. Plant Museum at The University of Tampa has a position available for a Volunteer Management and Tour Coordinator who will assist in the efforts to support, enhance, and maintain the growth of the Museum. This position will report to the Executive Director and is full-time.
1. Maintain, recruit, schedule, and correspond with the Museum's volunteers and interns.
2. Assist with marketing/public relations and community partnerships.
3. Schedule and coordinate all tours and special events.
4. Manage database(s) to maintain accuracy.
5. Assist with planning, designing and coordinating events.
6. Assist in developing outreach programs and events to build interest in and support for the Museum.
7. Interview and recommend hiring student workers and interns. Manage those workers.
8. Coordinate donations to charity events.
9. Oversee online ticket sales. Manage and track all discount coupons for Museum.
10. Plan and coordinate all volunteer meeting/events, including booking speakers with the assistance of the Curator of Education.
11. Provide assistance at Greeters desk, Museum Store and guided tours as needed.
12. Assist with photography and management of photo files.
13. Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
1. Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Two (2) years’ experience working in a museum or cultural environment.
3. Experience working with volunteers.
4. Knowledge of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube.
5. Ability to collaborate with team members, resolve problems diplomatically and build key relationships.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills needed, as well as the ability to manage time wisely.
7. Excellent computer skills and database management.
8. Ability to work flexible extended hours, occasional evenings, and weekends.
9. Ability to handle a multi-task, fast paced environment, attention to detail.
10. Must be able to move/carry up to 25 lbs., and engage in occasional physical work on floors and ladders.
11. Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
12. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
1. Cover letter
Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm.
Extended hours, occasional evenings and weekends required
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.