Once you have completed your emergency plan, your institution can now focus on staff training for your specific plan. Training will include both internal training for all staff, and training for some staff within the community. The latter is both an opportunity to integrate your emergency plan into other community responses, and to get to know emergency responders before the emergency. Webinars in this module will look at different kinds of training opportunities available for your staff, both institution and community emergency training. You wil also be able to view practical exercises you can use to train staff for emergency situations.
- Florida Connecting to Collections 2012 Emergency Plans: Training-Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT) webinar was developed by Michael Wood, Michael R. Wood Consulting, and presented by Dr. Larry Killmar, Vice-President, Animal Science and Conservation, Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo and the Training Staff webinar is presented by Dr. Larry Killmar, Vice-President, Animal Science and Conservation, Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo.
- Florida Connecting to Collections 2015 Emergency Plans: Training and Practical Applications presented by Kate Macuen, Assistant Director, Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum.
Note: When viewing the webinars a new browser page will open.
- Practical Applications: Of the practical exercises (table-tops and drills) presented in the Training Staff webinar, would either or both work well for your institution? Describe all the training exercises you think will be most effective for your particular institution and how you will develop and implement them.
Note: When viewing the samples a new browser page will open.
Training and Practical Applications
American Institute of Conservation (AIC)-National Heritage Responders
California Preservation Program, Disaster Plan Exercise
American Institute of Conservation (AIC), Heritage Emergency Program, Courses in Emergency Management for Cultural Heritage Responders
Rescuing Records.com, ICS for Cultural Institutions
- Annual Conference
- Workshops and Webinars
- Collections Management Resources
- DEIA Webinars + Resources
- Emergency Planning Webinars + Resources
- Fundraising & Development Resources
- Historic Preservation Program Resources
- Marketing & Social Media Resources
- Peer Coaching Program
- Mentorship Program
- FAM 2021 Museum Meetup: St Petersburg (in person)