Florida Connecting to Collections, with funding from the Institute of Museums and Library Services (IMLS), brings collections care professionals together to learn best practices and develop core institutional documents in a structured training environment. Mentors and mentees work together to develop plans and policies, thereby enhancing the knowledge and experience of each. In the process, regional networks of professionals are developed and each network expands the range of colleagues to call on for information, expertise, and leadership.
- Networks of colleagues responsible for collections in museums, archives, library special collections, historical and archeological holdings
Florida Connecting to Collections Online Group: http://florida-association-of-museums.network-maker.com/
Note: The online forum is only available to registered participants of Florida C2C.
- Florida Connecting to Collections 2016: Developing Collections Development & Management Policies Program - Now Open for Enrollment!
- Florida Connecting to Collections 2013: Developing Collections Management & Development Policies – a self-paced program that collecting organizations from around the state will be able to access to develop their own collections management or development policies. Learn more by going to: http://www.flamuseums.org/professional-development/florida-connecting-to-collections-program/2016-collections-policies-collections-care-enhancement/collectionspolicies/
A self-paced program, based upon our 2012 & 2015 programs, that collecting organizations from around the state can use to develop their own institution-wide emergency plan. Sources developed from our previous programs that will assist organizations in the development of these plans include: webinars, discussion questions, practical activities, samples, and online resources. The program has been divided into modules which can either be completed in order or as needed. Modules cover the following topics:
- Threats and Priorites
- Emergency Personnel
- Salvage and Recovery
- Training & Practical Applications
- Putting it all Together
- Case Studies
- Outreach and Education on Collections Care
Collaborating organizations working with the Florida Association of Museums Foundation, include the Florida Art Museum Directors Association, Florida Association of Museums, Florida Association of Zoos and Aquariums, Florida Department of State, Florida Library Association, Society of Florida Archivists, Florida Public Archaeology Network, and Florida Trust for Historic Preservation.